The positive daily affirmations that you use to make changes and accomplish your goals are simply statements that apply specifically to you and that you believe to be true. Ideally, you design and create your own personalized affirmations based on your needs and goals. These should be carefully worded to help you create change, within yourself.
It’s very important that you say what you mean and mean what you say, when it comes to using positive daily affirmations. If you don’t believe a statement is true, don’t use it, as-is. The affirmations you choose or create should confirm and/or reaffirm something positive about yourself and/or your situation. This is especially true in the beginning stages or if you have low self-esteem.
If you do have low self-esteem or self-worth, the affirmations are important to your progress. However, what’s even more important is your ability to accept and respect yourself enough to be totally honest with yourself about how you feel and what you think. This isn’t about saying or doing things that please others. This is about you doing what’s needed to become the best person you can be and what it takes to make the changes needed to achieve your goals.
How to Create Positive Daily Affirmations
Here are a few tips to help you write or alter affirmations specifically for your needs and preferences.
- Begin your positive daily affirmations with “I” or “My.” Using this format puts you, the person talking, in charge of what is being said and it helps hold you accountable for following through.
- Write your affirmations in the present tense using words like am, is, are, etc. Avoid using future and past tense words.
- Don’t begin your affirmations with “I want” or “I need.”
- Make sure you use positive statements that relate to an aspect of achieving your goal.
- Add power to your affirmations by including positive feelings/emotions such as, “I am excited about meeting interesting people at the conference.”
- Create affirmations that you believe are true and do-able. If you don’t believe a statement, alter it slightly to include a factor that makes it work for you.
- As you write or alter affirmations, use words and phrases that inspire, motivate, and empower you on a personal level.
How to Rephrase Positive Affirmations
Most people have better success using the “I/My” affirmation format, some people feel that the affirmations don’t work for them and they give up. Affirmations are definitely not a “one size fits all” solution. Please don’t give up. You may simply need to make an adjustment here or there, such as using a different statement format for a while.
Instead of using “I” or “My,” phrase your affirmation so it sounds and feels as if a friend or loved one is saying it about you. This can be very helpful since we tend to believe what others say about us more readily than what we say about ourselves.
If the original positive daily affirmation is, “I am beautiful.” – the new 3rd person format might be written as, “Mary Sue (replace with your name) appreciates the classic beauty of her body.” You can also try, “I like Mary Sue’s classic features.”
110 Positive Daily Affirmations
- I grow more confident and stronger each day.
- I am the architect of my life. I design its structure.
- I build my life’s foundation and choose its contents.
- I love myself and feel great about myself.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I see problems as interesting challenges.
- I radiate confidence.
- I thrive on challenges that bring out the best in me.
- I have confidence in my abilities and skills.
- I make sound decisions.
- I am bold and courageous.
- I face difficulty with courage.
- I am worthy of happiness and love.
- I am optimistic about the future.
- The future holds all kinds of pleasant surprises.
- I trust in my ability to create a fabulous future.
- I let go of worries and replace them with excitement and optimism.
- I have all it takes to make my dreams a reality.
- I am a kind and unique person with a lot to offer.
- I enjoy my own company as I get in touch with my true self.
I am worthy of happiness and love.
- I rejuvenate every part of my being with the help of solitude.
- I am at peace and happy when I’m alone.
- I brighten another person’s day by doing something with them.
- My intuition and wisdom guide me in the right direction.
- I have faith in myself to make the best decision possible.
- I have confidence in my decisions.
- I make decisions that always lead to something positive, in time.
- I consider how my decisions affect others to make responsible choices.
- I practice my skills each day to attain greatness.
- I believe in my ability to overcome setbacks.
- I replace negative criticism with encouraging statements.
- Even my “flaws” have good and helpful aspects.
- I always do my best because it helps me grow.
- I feel the love of those who are not physically with me.
- I take pleasure in my own solitude.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I focus on breathing to ground myself.
- Following my intuition and my heart keeps me safe and sound.
- I make the right choices every time.
- I draw from my inner strength and light.
I draw from my inner strength and light.
- I trust myself to be honest with myself and others.
- I am a unique child of this world.
- I am an inspiration to others.
- I matter and what I have to offer also matters.
- I trust my inner wisdom and intuition.
- I breathe in calmness and breathe out nervousness.
- This situation works out for my highest good.
- Wonderful things unfold before me.
- I forgive myself for things I have done in the past.
- I let go of my anger so I can see clearly.
- I accept responsibility for the consequences of my anger.
- I replace my anger with understanding and compassion.
- I offer a heart-felt apology to those affected by my anger.
- I know my wisdom guides me to the right decision.
- I trust myself to make the best decision for me.
- I receive all feedback with appreciation.
- I listen lovingly to this inner conflict and reflect on it until I find peace about it.
- I love my family even if they do not understand me completely.
- I show my family I love them in verbal and non-verbal ways.
- I am paired with this family because we are well matched.
Wonderful things unfold before me.
- I choose to see my family as a gift.
- I am a better person because of my hardships and achievements.
- I refuse to give past events power over my present or future.
- I embrace the rhythm and the flow of my own heart.
- All that I need comes to me at the right time and place in this life.
- I am delighted with who I am.
- I am much more than adequate; I’m phenomenal!
- I give up the habit of criticizing myself.
- I develop the mindset to praise myself.
- I fully approve of who I am, even as I better myself.
- I am a good person at all times of the day and night.
- When I breath, I inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
- I love meeting new people and approach them with confidence and interest.
- I live in the present and am confident of the future.
- My personality exudes confidence because I am bold and outgoing.
- I am self-reliant, creative, and persistent in everything I do.
- I am energetic, enthusiastic, and confidence is my second nature.
- I am a problem-solver and always find the best solution.
- I love change and easily adapt to new situations.
- I am well groomed, healthy, and full of confidence.
I am delighted with who I am.
- My outer self matches my inner well-being.
- I thrive on self-confidence, which chips away at all my doubts.
- I focus only on the good in others.
- I attract positive, confident people because I am one of them.
- I approve of myself and love myself completely.
- I feel good about the direction of my life and being me.
- My inner wisdom is my best guide.
- I have integrity, am reliable, and true to my word.
- I act from a place of personal security.
- I accept that I am worthy of great things in life.
I fill my mind with positive, nourishing thoughts.
- I choose to be proud of myself.
- I find deep inner peace within myself.
- I fill my mind with positive, nourishing thoughts.
- My confidence, self-esteem, and inner wisdom increase each day.
- I choose not to compare myself to others because we are all different.
- I compare myself only to my highest self.
- My life, experiences, beliefs, and actions inspire and benefit others.
- I am happy in my own skin and in my own circumstances.
- I see myself as a gift to people in my community and nation.
- I am safe and sound. All is well.
- Everything works out for my highest good.
- There is an important reason that this is unfolding now.
- I have the intelligence and the ability to get through this.
- I can solve my problems through my diligence.
- I follow my dreams no matter what.
- I am patient when helping loved ones understand my dreams.
- I ask my loved ones to support my efforts.
- I answer questions about my goals without getting defensive.
- I am loved even when people don’t share my dreams.
- I accept everyone as they are and continue to pursue my dreams.